Saturday, November 10, 2007

24 hours from hell

If you ever need advise on how to turn a five hour drive into nine give me a call. I left the comforts of the 1757 built farm house in Hadley yesterday afternoon and after stopping at Joe's Garage, for a new cassette to accompany the chain, I hit the road just in time for rush hour. First I got caught in traffic heading through Hartford which was nothing compared to the horrors of NYC which was made even worst with at least one accident brining everything to a hault for at least an hour. It was of course a huge mistake to go through the city but what's done is done and the lesson has been learned. After I finally got on the NJ turnpike I made good progress towards the host housing outside of Atlantic City all be it four hours later than expected. Then when I was almost there, off the highway, on a weird strip of suburia driving on a roadway seperated by a concrete divide prohibiting any left turns I screwed it all up. I finally made it to the other side of the divide after going around a loop d'loop and then instead of turning right down Second St. I turned right and went back on the highway that forced me to drive ten miles in the opposite direction before I could turn around. By the time I back tracked and made it to the house it was 11:45 and I didn't want to wake everybody so I drove to the strip and found a decent hotel for the night. I woke up this morning hoping that I had everything dialed for the day. I fueled up got some groceries and hit the road towards Bridgeton. The icing on the cake was getting to Bridgeton and not being able to find the park that the race was at. I drove around for a while, nothing. I finally called my dad to read off directions and made it there thirty minutes before game time. Short story going something like rushing to get everything ready in twenty minutes and going to the start line without a warm-up. Jonny Sundt was racing today and rode well, I finished 17th but I'm going to try to win tomorrow so stay tuned. Peace.

No comments: