Thursday, November 22, 2007

Hey oh!


I just finished peeling the spuds in preparation for Turkey Day Dinner here in Pennsylvania. Before that I took advantage to the sun and 60 degree temperature to take a nice two hour ride out into the country side of cow manure filled farmfields. This area of Pennsylvania is pretty cool and reminds me a lot of Belgium, mostly because of the rural roads and the smell of the fields. I also like riding around and seeing the Amish men working in the fields and the kids going home from school. It makes me feel like I've gone back into time or entered onto a movie set. I know cyclists arent' suppossed to admit that they've been training much but I just finised a good little block of work after coming back from a five day hiatus off the bike. Last week I was fighting a cold and I made a choice Friday morning to skip the USGP races in New Jersey. I have a lot of travelling and races left and I didn't want to dig myself an unnecessary hole for one weekend of races that I didn't have much of chance at. Short and Sweet. Have a good Thanksgiving.

No comments: