Monday, November 26, 2007


I packed up the bags and placed them neatly into the well organized team van but not before taking one last ride, at least for this year, in Northampton. It wasn't an ideal day for driving the bicycle, but I bundled up and headed out into the cool and rainy afternoon anyway. The neoprene shoe covers and windstopper bib pants did little to stop the rain and standing water on the road from reaching my skin and I knew from the start that it was just going to be an uncomfortable day. After completing the scheduled workout I rolled my soggy bottom back to the house with the comforting thought of a warm shower soon to come. After giving my bike a much need wash I safely stowed my belongings, said goodbye to the guys, and headed out on I-91 south towards the Mass. Turnpike and Boston. Despite the nasty low lying clouds and relentless rain, I navigated through the surprising light commuter traffic into Cambridge, where I'll be staying before flying home to Seattle on Wednesday evening for the two USGP races in Portland.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Goodness, Al never looked so good!